Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Closet Confessions - Part 2 and I think you would call this progress

This sweater was....well...where do I start?!  I have this eccentricity, I buy "ugly sweaters."  I think they are cute, but I stand alone there.  When it comes to sweaters I have gone through many phases: the printed sweater phase, the "this belonged to my father" sweater phase, the "boyfriend" sweater phase, and the "utility over ascetics" sweater phase.  Though I greatly regret a few of those, all sweaters have their place in my closet!



This brings me to this beauty.  The photo is not so much me...I suppose you can tell by the blue faced canvas beauty.  I have come to the realization of a truth - it is really hard to do a self-directed photo shoot without a tripod!  I did attempt a leaning tower of Potter where I stacked all 7 volumes of Harry Potter and placed my precious Canon precariously teetering at the apex.  This frightened me, and Max tried to eat my camera strap, so no photos with me for a bit.

I bought this with my mom, she tried it on first, and she looked fabulous (as she does in everything)!  I have hips and all-in-all a very different physique.  This sweater is not my best friend!  Inexpensive, yes!  Designer, strangely enough yes - Escada...but still being forged by the gods of fashion does not make a garment possess magical powers.  This sweater with its message of friendship overcoming all odds (Yes, I just applied that to a friendship with a cat and dog - very reminiscent of Milo and Otis) is just an indoor sweater now.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that this is the back!

 
As far as the ebay count...total damage totals 1 5 0...
But I was finally able to deposit my paycheck so at least the paypal cleared!  And I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Marc Jacobs bag that makes me feel like a career woman/a woman with a job that pays enough to be considered a career.

On a more positive note, progress!

As I said before, I was thankful that the weekend came primarily because I was able to go to Macy's.  I went on the pretext of returning a pair of pants that I knew I would never wear.  I bought a pair of leather pants thinking that I would be oh so fashionable, but when I got home realized that instead of fashionable they screamed biker chick.  So I did return the pants (YAY!) but then fell in love with a leather jacket. 

Let me just paint the picture for you:
It is one and you, incredibly helpful soon to be daughter in law, take your soon to be mother in law to run errands.  As you are fending for yourself while she explores the Ralph Lauren section of you lock eyes with it: a beautiful leather jacket.  I came to know him as Armani and he was beautiful!  The perfect mix of leather and cotton - exuding the perfect amount of tough girl with a softer side.  As I preyed for the scanner to reveal a radical price drop to 10% of initial value, I was broken hearted to discover that the price remained unchanged at 400.  As I approached the FMIL (Future mother in law) she tried to play the devil's advocate and talk me out of it, but I soon drafted her to team purchase.  I did my best to work my mystical jew discount powers but to no avail.  I was close, why with the return it almost made the jacket affordable!  But alas, I put it down and walked away!  So, yay me :)  PROGRESS