Monday, June 20, 2011

Closet Confessions - Part 1

Over the weekend I actually went through the vast expanses of clothing and shoes which is collectively known as my closet and came up with some things that I believe to be completely questionable purchases.

I am new to the whole taking photos of myself thing, so forgive the awkward pose.


This is actually like a corset...but instead of channeling burlesque I just get Pocahontas.  When I bought it I knew that it would become an odd niche item that sat in the back of my closet.  The internal dialog with the voice of reason in my head probably went a little something like this:
  Me - Should I get this?
  Voice of Reason - No, you will never wear this!
  Me - Not true, I so will!  Just look at the craftsmanship, name a place I could not wear this!
  VOR - Ummmm...Anywhere but the bedroom would probably be questionable downright inappropriate.
  Me - Skrew you, im getting it!

This is the same conversation that I have again and again; though, let me clarify that this conversation never actually occurs outside of the realm of my mind.  No thoughts are vocalized unless another human being is around me. 

So, that is a positive!  I was rational about it, but I still did succumb to the desire to swipe my card.  In any case,  at least I am set for this year's halloween :)... so if I think about it in that way...this was a real money saver!   

More closet confessions to come soon!

On another note, I did not win the majority of my ebay auctions (thank you Oprah, I knew you would not let me down!!!).

I definitely think you are totally right  readers reader that I should get a password.  That would be the logically thing to do....





But then I would not be able to ebay and I would wither and die like a house plant at a frat house. 

New spending is as follows:

$ 10 - father's day (I know what you are thinking but no I did not just go super cheap, my parents just had a lot of children thus my portion was minuscule and I cooked)
$ 35 - Sephora - - Father's day present for myself ;)
$ 10 - lunch and coffee break dinero - also bought a coffee for my office husband
$ 25 - gas :(

Add that to the ten from before and I think I am in good shape....until I pay for the things I won on ebay...but why think about today what one knows will not post until tomorrow!